Consumer Information and Disclosures

The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, requires that universities make available to current and prospective students important information about each institution’s academic programs, student outcomes, policies, and more in an effort to ensure fairness and transparency for all consumers of higher education.  Marymount University is committed to providing prospective students, our current students, their families and our community full disclosure of all consumer information required by federal law.

These laws are intended to help students and their families make fully informed decisions regarding their choice of college or university. Marymount University has developed this page to serve as a single point of access for obtaining necessary information about our institution. For additional information, including requesting a paper copy of any materials, please call or e-mail the appropriate office or visit the websites listed below.

Notice of Availability of Institutional and Financial Aid Information

Marymount sends all enrolled students a notice of the availability of financial aid and contact information including a link to the financial aid handbook by email at the start of each semester.

General Institutional Information

Health, Safety, and Wellness

National Program Comparisons

Student Financial Assistance

Student Outcomes

Information on student outcomes, including retention and graduation rates, job placement, further education, licensure rates, and more can be found on our Student Achievement page.

Student Support and Resources

Teacher Preparation Program Reports

University Policies

Student Complaint Resolutions

Marymount provides students with a number of pathways to address and resolve problems with both academic and non-academic issues. The following are a number of resources available to students.

In the unlikely event that an issue cannot be resolved by the university, students may file a complaint with their respective state licensing authority. Marymount students living on campus should contact the Virginia State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV).  Online students should generally correspond with the agency in the student’s state of residence. These agencies should be contacted only after the student has registered a complaint with the appropriate office at Marymount and has not received a response to the request for resolution. Contact information for agencies in each of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. territories is provided in this linked document.

Unresolved complaints may also be filed with the Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), the university’s regional accrediting agency, once all other avenues have been exhausted.

Southern Association of College and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
1866 Southern Lane,
Decatur, GA 30033