Early College Programs
“Learn with Purpose, Live with Purpose”
Welcome to Marymount University’s Early College Programs website! Marymount University provides the opportunity for students to earn college credit while still in high school. Taking part in our early college programs can help you advance your college career, reduce tuition costs, and possibly reduce the time it takes to complete your degree. We provide students with a flexible, accessible, innovative, and equitable way of achieving their post-secondary academic goals.
Join the Marymount community today by enrolling in one of our Early College Programs!
The eligibility requirements are:
- High school juniors, and seniors in good standing.
- Students who have a cumulative 3.0 or better GPA.
- Obtain approval from a high school counselor and parent/guardian.
Current Early College Program Offerings
Each course is taught in accordance with the academic rigor and expectations of college-level coursework. Marymount University provides various options for high school students to earn college credit:
- Dual Credit: Through our partnership with high schools, we provide college-level courses in high school classrooms, allowing students to earn dual college and high school credit.
- Pre-College Program: Through this program, you will earn college credits while attending Marymount University. Marymount offers online or on-campus classes. Click here for more information.
Participating in an early college program provides many advantages. Here are a few to consider:
- Allows students to advance academically while still in high school.
- The courses expose students to college-level coursework.
- Reduces duplication of courses from high school and college.
- Facilitates a smooth transition from high school to college.
- A variety of courses are available to students, enabling them to explore different academic areas before declaring a major.
- Students can take core courses, such as English and Math, while still in high school. Consequently, this will make it easier to schedule major courses at a post-secondary institution.
- Taking early college courses can lower the cost of postsecondary education and increase the possibility of receiving scholarships.
- Allows for greater flexibility of scheduling courses at a post-secondary institute and may allow more time to complete an internship.
Benefits of joining Marymount University
As a Marymount Early College Program student, you receive the following benefits:
- Access to library resources.
- Access to support and learning services
- Receive an official Marymount transcript verifying the college credits and courses.
- Each student will receive a Marymount University ID
- Students have the option to attend an orientation/tour at Marymount University