Writing is a fundamental skill in today’s world, and the writing minor will help prepare students for professional careers and/or graduate education in a variety of fields. The minor develops students’ persuasive, stylistic, creative, and analytical skills through an examination of the characteristics of successful writing, along with the implementation of successful writing strategies in multiple modes and genres.
Minor Requirements (Effective Fall 2017)
The Writing minor requires a total of eighteen credits.
- EN 301 The Writing Process: Theory and Practice
- EN 308 Style and Revision
- Twelve additional credits from the following courses:
- COMM 209 Journalism Contemporary
- COMM 302 Public Relations Writing and Media Techniques
- COMM 315 Writing for Digital Media
- EN 211 Principles of Language
- EN 270 Approaches to Creative Writing
- EN 303 Literary Nonfiction
- EN 305 Topics in Creative Writing (may be taken more than once for credit)