Welcome to Marymount University and the
Doctor of Physical Therapy Class of 2024!
Please be mindful of all deadlines and instructions.
Marymount University email (only) will be used to alert admitted students to any updates to the checklist.
VIRTUAL TOUR of the Program Facilities
with our current Grad Assistant and 2nd year DPT Student, Adam!
DPT CLASS of 2024 ADMITTED STUDENT CHECKLIST
Generate Your Student Account and Set Up Your MU Email
Generate Your Student Account and Set Up Your MU Email
Create your Student Account and set up your Marymount University Email
- Your Marymount University email is the official means of university communication and should be set up as soon as possible
Submit Official Transcripts*
Submit Official Transcripts* by July 31, 2021
- * If applicable. Please consult your offer letter which contains your Conditional Acceptance Form (CAF) with your individual listing of outstanding coursework and/or degree conferral.
If both boxes are checked on your CAF indicating you have completed these requirements, we do not require transcripts from you.
- Transcripts uploaded to your PTCAS account will not be accepted for missing coursework. All official transcripts for outstanding coursework/degree conferral must be sent directly to Marymount University
- By MAIL to: Office of Graduate Admissions, 2807 N Glebe Road, Arlington, VA 22207
- Electronic delivery: All transcripts should be sent directly to Graduate Enrollment Services (if that option does not exist, select Marymount Admissions). If necessary, please use email@example.com as the email point of contact for delivery.
- Late transcripts will NOT be accepted
Schedule a Physical Exam and Register at the Student Health Portal
Schedule a Physical with your Healthcare Provider and Create an account on the Marymount Student Health Center Portal
Physical Exams are a requirement for integrated clinicals which begin in the middle of the spring semester of your first year. Some clinic sites require an annual exam prior to the clinic experience start date.
- Download and PRINT the MU DPT Student Medical Form . Make an appointment with your Healthcare Provider and take your form with you to your appointment and have it signed
- Create an account on the Marymount Student Health Center Patient Portal (you will need your MU Student ID number) by following the REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS link. Upload the completed and signed MU DPT Student Medical Form to the MU Patient Portal. Upload to the ‘Proof of Required Immunizations’ drop down ONLY.
- NOTE: DPT Students are required to complete and upload the MU DPT Student Medical form ONLY (You may ignore references to the University Student Medical Form)
- KEEP A COPY OF YOUR COMPLETED MEDICAL FORM. You will need this copy to upload to an additional electronic medical document manager called myRecordTracker (information and instructions have been to your Marymount email address)
Immunization Requirements before Entry
Immunization Requirements before Entry-DPT Class of 2024
All immunizations will be uploaded into CertiphiScreening’s myRecordTracker, a secure, online system for uploading, sharing and tracking required documents.
Information and instructions for all immunizations and health requirements will be sent to your Marymount University email the first week of March, 2021. Please set up your account as soon as possible to be able to receive this information.
All immunizations must be completed and uploaded to myRecordTracker by July 31, 2021
- Hepatitis A
- 2 doses or proof of postive titer required.
- MUST BE AT LEAST 6 MONTHS APART
- Dose #1 is due by July 31, 2021
- Hepatitis B
- 3 doses or proof of positive titer
- Measles/Mumps/Rubella (MMR)
- 2 injections or proof of positive titer
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis (Tdap)
- within the last 10 years
- TB Test
- Quantiferon Gold OR
- T Spot OR
- Two Part TB Test (requires 4 visits, 1-3 weeks apart)
- IF you have a history of positive TB test, you must show documentation of negative chest x-ray (within the last 10 years; lab report required)
- Varicella (VAR)
- 2 injections OR proof of postive titer.
- Date of disease does not meet requirement
Get or Update your CPR Certification
CPR Certification Requirement for Entering DPT Students
The DPT program requires that you obtain the proper CPR certification prior to entry in the fall 2021 semester and that you continue to maintain the proper CPR certification throughout your enrollment in the program.
We will accept only the following certification to satisfy the requirement:
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health Care Providers
(AHA Heart Saver and American Red Cross will NOT meet our requirement).
Find a course near you via the AHA Instructor Network
All CPR Certifications must be completed and uploaded by July 31, 2021
All CPR Certifications will be uploaded into CertiphiScreening’s myRecordTracker, a secure, online system for uploading, sharing and tracking required documents.
Information and instructions for Certiphi will be sent to your Marymount University email the first week of MARCH, 2021.
Background Check, Drug Screen and Health Insurance Requirements
Criminal Background Check, Drug Screen and Health Insurance Requirements for DPT Students before entry (Fall 2021)
All entering DPT Students are required to obtain a background check and drug screen prior to entry as well as to obtain and provide proof of health insurance which must be maintained throughout the duration of enrollment in the DPT program.
BACKGROUND CHECK and DRUG SCREEN
Both background check and drug screen services will be ordered through ApplicationStation, a secure online data capture tool to order and view your background investigation and drug screen results. ApplicationStation is operated by CertiphiScreening.
Admitted students will be sent instructions for completion of background checks and drug screenings from CertiphiScreening via email message directly to Marymount University email (only). This information will be sent from CertiphiScreening the first week of March, 2021.
Due Date for uploaded result documents: All results and documents must be uploaded to myRecordTracker no later than July 31, 2021
Note: We do not accept background check or drug screen results from any other service provider.
All DPT students are required to obtain and maintain health insurance, without lapse in coverage, throughout the duration of enrollment in the program.
- Must provide proof of health insurance, uploaded to myRecordTracker no later than July 31, 2021
- Marymount University offers students a school-sponsored insurance plan should you wish to enroll. Please visit the Student Health Center website for more information and instructions on how to enroll (fall enrollment for student health insurance may not be available until mid-summer)
DPT Class of 2024 Fall 2021 Program Orientation
Fall 2021 DPT Class of 2024 Program Orientation
Mandatory for all DPT Class of 2024 Students
- Information on Orientation is ongoing. Please check back here for more information.
- Typically, DPT First Year Orientation is held over three days, the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday before classes begin.
- **8:30 am-4:00 pm
- Location: PT Department, 2nd Floor, 4040 Center
**Our current plan is to hold DPT Orientation in person. Times may be abbreviated and content may be held online. We will communicate with admitted students directly.
Tuition and Financial Aid
Tuition and Financial Aid
- For information on Financial Aid options and how to apply, please visit the Financial Aid Website
- The DPT program cohort tuition costs are paid according to a set schedule and tuition remains unchanged as long as a student is enrolled in a cohort. The DPT tuition includes all coursework (including summer courses) and lab fees.
- The Doctor of Physical Therapy Financial Aid point of contact is:
- Ingrid Eversley, Senior Financial Aid Advisor
Housing Information and Options
HOUSING INFORMATION AND OPTIONS
- Marymount University Graduate Student Housing –The Rixey
- walkable to 4040 Center and the DPT Program (about 8 minutes)
- Off Campus options– Look for an invitation from the DPT Class of 2023 to join the Marymount DPT Student Facebook page in your email inbox during the spring semester! You’ll be able to connect with current DPT students looking for roommates, learn about housing opportunities and communicate with the 2nd and 3rd year cohorts.
Course Registration and Fall Schedule
COURSE REGISTRATION AND FALL SCHEDULE INFORMATION
- The DPT program will register all first year DPT students for fall semester courses.
- A fall 2021 Schedule will be released to admitted students in the summer.
Mark Your Calendar-Important Dates
Deadline: CPR/Background Check/Drug Screen/Health Insurance/Immunizations/Health Form upload
- All uploads DUE: July 31, 2021
- All documents must be uploaded to myRecordTracker (through Certiphi Screening). Instructions for ordering your background check and drug screen as well as how to create your account and upload documents will be sent to your Marymount University email no earlier than the first week in March, 2021.
- Please be sure to have your Marymount University email and student account generated as soon as possible so these instructions can be sent to you.
DPT Class of 2024 Fall 2021 Program ORIENTATION
- (Mandatory for all DPT Class of 2024 Students)
- Weds, Thurs and Friday, before the first day of Fall 2021 classes
- 8:30 am-4:00 pm
First Day of Fall 2021 Classes
- TBD–Please check the university academic calendar for official first day of classes
- All DPT Classes are held at 4040 Center, 4040 Fairfax Drive, Arlington, VA 22203
Download and Print the Checklist
Please direct your inquiries to:
Doctor of Physical Therapy Program