TECHNOLOGY PURCHASES FOR STUDENTS
Before You Buy
All Marymount University students should consult with their schools before making a computer purchase so any school-specific requirements can be accommodated.
Consider the following questions before purchasing your computer:
- Are you primarily writing papers and accessing the Internet?
- Do you need to use your computer for programming?
- Do you need to use your computer for multimedia work?
- Will you be creating graphics, music, or video?
- Do you need to burn CDs or DVDs?
Minimum Hardware Configurations:
|CPU||Intel 8th gen Core i5-8365u
|2.3 Dual-Core or faster|
|System RAM||16 GB or more||16 GB or more|
|Hard Drive||500 GB Hard Drive at 7200 RPMs or a SSD/Hybrid||500 GB Hard Drive at 5400 RPMs or a SSD/Hybrid|
|Removable Storage||8X (DVD+/-RW) Drive||Apple USB SuperDrive|
|Monitor||1366×768 or better||Retina 4K|
|Video Card||Inte, AMD, or NVIDIA Graphics 4 GB RAM or better||Intel Iris Graphics or better|
|Operating System||Windows 10 64-bit||Mac OS Catalina or latest version|
|Network Card||10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet||10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet|
|Wireless Network Card||Built-in Wirless Network Card that supports both 2.4 ang 5.0 GHz||Built-in Wirless Network Card that supports both 2.4 ang 5.0 GHz|
Program Specific Requirements:
The following programs have specific technology requirements. Please refer to the links below for more information.
Traditional and Accelerated B.S.N. Students
Highly Recommended Add-ons:
- Anti-virus software installed and properly configured.
- Three-year warranty (extended coverage from Manufacturer, Retailer, or AppleCare) and /or theft and accidental damage insurance.
- USB Flash Drive (16-32GB recommended, etc)
- Integrated Webcam (Skype, Google+ Hangouts, etc)
- Backup Solution (Carbonite, CrashPlan, or External Hard Drive with 320+ GB)
- Recovery Media or Installation Media for all purchased software.
Then, students should use the following links to obtain the necessary information before purchasing a new computer:
Below are our technology requirements for the transitional DPT and OTD programs
All students in the transitional DPT and OTD programs are required to have a laptop or desktop. Lectures are able to run on mobile devices; however, quizzes and exams must be taken on a laptop or desktop.
- Microsoft Windows 7
- Mac OS X 10.10
- Intel Pentium
- RECOMMENDED: 500 GB SSD (not required)
Free Disk Space:
- 250 MB
- Internal or External
- Internal or External
- 320×240 VGA Resolution
- Upload = 0.2 Mbps
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- PDF Reader
- Google Chrome
Mobile app (not available to be used for test taking):
- Moodle Mobile
Last modified: 06/17/2020