MU has launched a campus printing system for students. This student printing system, called WEPA (pronounced “Wee-Pah”), features a “cloud” technology that allows students to print from any location. Students can send a document to print from home, laptop, USB drive or Mobile device and conveniently retrieve documents at any WEPA print kiosk on campus.
Kiosk Printing Benefits:
- Kiosks are located on the Main Campus, the Ballston Center, and in the Reston Center.
- Students can print black/white and color copies; single or double-sided; 8.5X11
- Kiosks use high-quality laser paper and high-definition ink
- Cloud printing with touch-screen kiosks
- Prints most Windows and MAC file types
Kiosk printing has been set up for current students. MU student have been pre-registered to use the print kiosks. Therefore, they do not have to create a new account. WEPA accounts are automatically created and associated with students’ MU Account. They will login with their same username and password as their Gmail.
MU faculty and staff accounts will not work with the WEPA system this semester. Faculty and staff wishing to use the system will have to register using their personal email account.
The following are instructions on how the students can print using the WEPA system.
To print documents directly from your PC or MAC laptop:
- Go to www.wepanow.com.
- Login using your MU email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and password.
- Click on the “Drivers” link and Download either PC/MAC Driver.
- Click “file” and “print” from any application. (i.e. Word, Excel, pdf, etc.).
- Select either the WEPA-BW Printer (for black and white pages) or the WEPA-Color Printer (for color pages) from the print properties drop down menu.
- Select any print options (multiple handouts, duplex, multiple copies, etc.).
- Go to any WEPA print kiosk on campus to release and print your document(s).
To print documents from an MU computer lab or Library:
All MU computer labs and Libraries have WEPA print drivers installed, which allows you to select WEPA as the printer. In these locations, click the Print button in your application, select the WEPA printer (WEPA B/W or WEPA Color), enter your WEPA username and password, and go to a WEPA kiosk to pick up and pay.
To print documents using a USB drive at a WEPA kiosk:
Insert a USB drive containing your files into the WEPA print kiosk and follow the on-screen instructions.
To print documents from anywhere else:
Lets say you’re using a friend’s computer that is set to use his/her WEPA account, or a public computer at a coffee shop that isn’t set up for WEPA printing. You can still print by uploading documents into your online WEPA account. This option works with a limited number of file types including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and PDF. File size cannot exceed 20 MB.
You can now send email and attachments to any WEPA kiosk. Whether you are using the iPad, iPhone, Droid, or Blackberry you can download the WEPA “app” from the App Store or Google Play and send documents to any WEPA kiosk.
Release a Print Job
After you print from your computer, WEPA will give you a 6 digit release code. You can press the “Release Code” on the screen and you will be directed to that single print job. Select the print job and then select your payment option
After you have printed several jobs, you can print all of them at once by logging into your account at the Kiosk and hitting the “Select All” option, and then by selecting your payment option WEPA will print all of the selected jobs.
|Colour||Black & White|
Free Printing Credits from MU
Your MU WEPA account will be preloaded with $25 each semester for printing. This will provide you with approximately 250 pages of free printing. Once you have used your free printing credits, you can add money into your WEPA account using a credit card.
Having Trouble Printing?