Wellness Ambassadors are Certified Peer Educators trained by the Office of Wellness, Prevention and Education that work to promote healthy lifestyles and reduce risky behaviors through outreach, education, awareness, and programming. Additionally, Wellness Ambassadors guide students in accessing important resources on campus that address a wide range of health and wellness topics.
All Wellness Ambassadors undergo a training of 12+ hours and are Certified Peer Educators through NASPA. During the academic year responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Planning and implementation wellness programs
- Promoting events and healthy behaviors on campus
- Leading and hosting the BeWellMU podcast
- Connecting students with resources
- Weekly meetings
- Leading workshops
- Assisting the Office of Wellness with miscellaneous tasks
We offer free 30 minute health education workshops to help students manage everyday challenges and demands. The topics include:
- Consent 101 (Consent & Healthy Relationships)
- Think Before You Drink (Responsible Drinking)
- Dare To Self-Care (Stress Management & Self-care)
Students, staff, and faculty can request our workshops for classrooms, teams, clubs, or residence halls.
When requesting a workshop, please notify us at least 2 weeks in advance. You can email us at email@example.com or drop by our office in Berg 1001.
Our Wellness Ambassadors of 2020-2021