The Office of Wellness, Prevention, and Education strives to create a culture of wellness by promoting healthy lifestyles and reducing risky behavior. We empower students to make informed decisions regarding their health and wellness through evidence-based health education, inclusive resources, non-judgmental support.
- BeWellMu Podcast: A podcast for Marymount University students. Led by Wellness Ambassadors and Staff, we discuss important health and wellness topics with a new guest every Wednesday. Listen on Spotify, Apple, or any podcast platform.
- Peer Led Workshops: Request for our Wellness Ambassadors to lead you through one of our 3 workshops: Dare to Self-Care, Consent 101, or Think Before You Drink. We are happy to lead virtual workshops for classes, residence halls, teams, clubs, or even a small group of friends!
- Health & Wellness Information Center: We have accurate, non-judgemental information on over 50 health and wellness topics. Our information center is located in Berg 1001. If we don’t have something you are looking for, let us know and we will add it to our next order!
- Health Education Consulations: Our Certified Health Education Specialist is available to meet with you virually if you would like to dive deeper into a topic. This is also a great service for any CA’s who are planning a health and wellness program.
- Health & Wellness Newsletter: Our monthly newsletter focuses on a new topic every month and streamlines all the health and wellness events happening around campus. The newsletter is placed on every bathroom stall on campus, but students can also opt-in to recieve it via email. If your office is planning a health and wellness event and would like for it to be included in our newsletter, please let us know by the 20th of the previous month.
- Wellness Wednesdays: We offer various health and wellness programs throughout the school year that focus on education, prevention, and awareness. The most common topics covered fall under: Mental Health, Alcohol & Other Drugs, Sexual & Interpersonal Violence, Nutrition & Physical Activity, or Other.
- Free Period Products: Free period product dispensers are located in the bathrooms outside Reinsch Library , Ballston 3rd Floor, Caruthers 1st floor, Rowley G1, and Berg 1001.
- Food Security Initiatives: Need a meal? Ask to for a SaintSwipe at Gerard Dining. You can also “take what you need and give when you can” at one of the Blue Appollonie’s cupboards around campus. They are located in Ballston 3rd floor, the Lodge, Caruthers, Rowley G1, and Butler.
- Wellness Nook: Check out our relaxation room in Berg 1001
Check out this video made by our Wellness Ambassadors (Previously SaintsCare Ambassadors)!