Now that you have been accepted into Marymount University, follow the steps below to stay on track for your upcoming semester.
1. Set up and log into your Marymount account
Go to the Student Account generator and use your student ID you were given to gain log into your new Marymount email. Your Marymount account will give you access to Marymount’s Portal which contains all the applications you need including your new Google Marymount email account, Canvas, Marynet, Handshake, Engage, and much more. To create an account or register for classes, you must have an approved application for the current (or upcoming) term and you must pay any required deposit to Admissions and wait 3 business days for your deposit to be posted.
2. Submit your documentation to the ISSS portal to obtain an I-20 (F-1 visa students only)
After you have paid your deposit, waited 2-3 business days, and you are approved and/or registered for the upcoming term, you will receive an email with a link to access the ISSS portal, where you will be able to initiate the I-20 request. There you will need to submit a copy of your passport, your declaration of finances, a banking statement, and a few more key pieces of documentation. Learn more by clicking one of the links below:
3. Upload your medical records on the Medical Portal
Watch the Medicat Portal Tutorial
Students must complete the COVID vaccine requirements of they may not be able to attend classes, putting into jeopardy their status. You can read about the COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement here or click here to read about Marymount’s COVID-19 campus protocols and vaccine FAQs.
4. Get ready for class registration
- If you are a First-Year Student, you must take the Directed Self-Placement (DSP) here.
- If you are a Transfer Student, please contact the Academic Advising Hub.
- If you are a Graduate Student, please confirm your graduate enrollment here.
- Graduate students should contact their specific colleges to find their academic advisor
- College of Business, Innovation, Leadership, and Technology –email@example.com or 703-284-5910
- College of Health and Education – firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-284-1620
- College of Science and Humanities – email@example.com or 703-284-1560
- Once you meet with your faculty advisor, you must register for classes on Marynet
Watch the tutorial on how you can plan and register for classes
5. Pay your SEVIS fee (Initial I-20 students only)
6. Set up your F-1 Visa appointment (Initial I-20 students or students needing to renew F-1 visa)
7. Apply for on-campus housing or find housing off-campus
Students will want to figure out their housing for the following year at Marymount. Marymount requires students 21 or younger and whose families do not live within commuting distance of the university to live on-campus. Graduate students or older students can apply to live at The Rixey. Once you have paid your deposit and generated your MU portal account, you can submit your housing application. Follow these steps to see the process. For further information, please contact Campus and Residential Services at (703) 284-1608 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.Learn all about on-campus housing, the Global Village Learning Community on-campus, off-campus housing options, and more here.
8. Sign up for your orientation sessions
Students must register for two types of orientations. Students will register for an international orientation session (either a transfer or initial orientation) and they will register for a general Marymount orientation with all students. Please register as soon as possible so we can prepare for your arrival. During the international orientation session, students will participate in the mandatory immigration requirements session to maintain their status and do their immigration check-in. At the general Marymount orientation, students will register for courses, meet their schools to prepare for classes, and more. These sign-up links will be shared below later.Spring 2022 Orientations (Please sign up for both):
- International Orientation Session for all undergraduate and graduate F-1 students January 6th in the morning
- General Marymount Undergraduate Orientation – January 6th in the afternoon; Register via Slate
- Graduate Students will receive information on their general orientation from their schools
Fall 2022 International Student Session (Tentative Dates; Please register for one):
- International Initial I-20 Undergraduate and Graduate Students- August 24th All day
- International Transfer Orientation Option 1- Wednesday, June 29th in the morning
- International Transfer Orientation Option 2- Wednesday, August 24th in the morning
Fall 2022 General Marymount Orientation Session (Tentative Dates; Please register for one):
- General Marymount First-Year Orientation- Friday, August 26th all-day
- General Marymount Transfer Orientation Option 1- Wednesday, June 29th in the afternoon
- General Marymount Transfer Orientation Option 2- Wednesday, August 24th in the afternoon