At the U.S. Port of Entry, you must present:
- Passport with a valid F-1 visa stamp
- Original Form I-20
- Supporting documents given to you by Marymount or the U.S. Consulate such as your Admission Letter to Marymount or Class Schedule
At the U.S. Port of Entry, you will receive:
- A red and blue entry stamp on the visa page of your Passport
- An electronic I-94, which you can retrieve here
Note: You are strongly urged to refrain from entering the United States on a tourist (B-2) Visa unless it is stamped, “Prospective Student.” Otherwise, it will be difficult to change to an F-1 visa once you enter the U.S.
Your arrival in metropolitan Washington will probably be at one of the two airports that serve the area: Reagan National Airport (DCA) or Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD). Reagan National Airport is closer to Marymount University. Baltimore-Washington International (BWI) Airport is a third option, but it is the farthest airport from Marymount and it not easily accessible via public transportation.
Ground Transportation Options From Reagan National Airport:
- Super Shuttle “blue vans” are shared and take passengers directly to their hotels or other destinations. The approximate cost from Reagan National airport to Marymount University is $14.
- Taxi cab to Marymount University will cost approximately $28. UberX
to Marymount will cost from $17-$22. Lyft is around $14.
- Students can take the Blue Line Metro to the Rosslyn station and switch to either the Orange or Silver line to get to the Ballston-MU stop. Then students can take the Marymount shuttle to Marymount’s Main Campus. The Metro fare will vary depending on the time of day. Marymount shuttles are free.
Ground Transportation Options from Washington-Dulles International Airport:
- Super Shuttle “blue vans” are shared and take passengers directly to their hotels or other destinations. The approximate cost from Dulles Airport to Marymount University is $29.
- Taxi cab to Marymount University, which will cost approximately $50. UberX
to Marymount will cost from $34-$43. Lyft is around $31.
- The Washington Flyer Coach provides bus service from Dulles Airport to the Wiehle-Reston East Metro station. The cost for the Washington Flyer is $5 one way. From the Metro station, you can either take a taxi to Marymount or take the Metrorail train to the Ballston-MU stop and then take the Marymount shuttle to Marymount’s Main Campus. The Metro fare will vary depending on the time of day. Marymount shuttles are free.
- Students can take the 5A Metrobus for $7 to the Rosslyn Metro station. From the Metro station, you can either take a taxi to Marymount or take the Metrorail train to the Ballston-MU stop and then take the Marymount shuttle to Marymount’s Main Campus. The Metro fare will vary depending on the time of day. Marymount shuttles are free.
Move-In for Marymount
Students living on-campus at Marymount will have a move-in date based on their starting semester. Students must inform ISSS if they are planning on arriving a few days early so we can work with you to coordinate your move-in date; this date usually is a little before orientation so keep that in mind when purchasing your flight tickets. Students wanting to more in more than a few days before the set move-in date will be charged an extra fee so plan ahead. If you would like to have bedsheets ready when you arrive, please purchase them here and have them delivered to the our office. Please list the address as such:
International Student & Scholar Services
2807 N. Glebe Rd.
Arlington, VA 22207
Temporary Housing and Hotels:
If you have family visiting you or helping you with your move-in, there are a variety of hotels in the area for them to stay. If you arrive significantly prior to the opening date of the residence halls, you will have to arrange for housing with friends or relatives or stay at a nearby hotel, or be charged extra fees for moving in early. During the winter holiday, you may not be permitted to move onto campus before the move-in date.
Hotel rates in U.S. dollars: $80-$130 per night. Please identify yourself as a Marymount University student for special rates.
Nearby Hotel Accommodations:
- Comfort Inn Arlington
1211 N. Glebe Road
- Holiday Inn Arlington
4610 N. Fairfax Drive
- Inns of Virginia
3335 Lee Highway