Resources for Retirement planning.

Retirement Savings Plan

Marymount offers a rich retirement plan that is open to all eligible regular full-time and part-time employees. The plan includes an automatic 2% employer contribution of the employee’s base salary and will match up to 6% of employee pretax contributions. Voya, our retirement vendor, offers several investment choices.

Eligibility Information

All eligible regular full-time and part-time employees may immediately participate upon hire.  Not eligible:  Non-Resident Aliens (NRAs), Student Employees.

Plan Information

Voya Financial serves as the administrator for Marymount’s 403(b) Defined Contribution and non-qualified (NQ) retirement plans. These flexible plans allow employees to set aside money either on a pre-tax or Roth basis [403(b) only] via payroll deduction up to the IRS permitted limits [IRS annual limits] which can be invested in a wide array of low cost investment options.

For employees that meet or exceed the IRS definition of highly compensated, they are eligible to participate in a 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan.

Marymount’s Retirement Savings Plans offer a convenient way to set aside money for your financial future. To learn more about the plans, tools, and resources, go to

Employer Contribution

Marymount will make a 2% non-elective contribution of your qualifying pay each pay period, to eligible employees immediately after hire date with their first paycheck.  In addition, Marymount University will match employee contributions up to 6% (dollar per dollar).

Employee Contribution

Employees who participate in the 403(b) are eligible to receive a 100% match up to 6% of qualifying pay.  The Defined Contribution Plan will automatically enroll all new employees into this plan with a 2% employee contribution. Within the first thirty (30) days a new employee has the option to opt out of the 2% contribution or enroll and make an election.  If the employee doesn’t take any action, the 2% employee contribution will begin on the next payroll after the 30 days.

How does it work if…

  • I do nothing and the automatic employee contribution of 2% of my salary is taken?
    • You will receive an employer contribution match of your 2% contribution.  In addition, you will also receive the non-elective employer contribution of 2% for a total Marymount University contribution of 4%.
  • I opt out and 0% of my salary is taken?
    • You will still receive the employer non-elective contribution of 2% only.
  • I elect to have an employee contribution of 8% of my salary taken?
    • You will receive an employer match of 6%.  In addition, you’ll receive the employer non-elective contribution of 2% for a total Marymount University contribution of 8% of which only 6% is the match.

Vesting Schedule 

All non-elective and elective employer contributions made by Marymount University are subject to the vesting schedule below.  Employees are always 100% vested in the contributions they add to their account.  

Years of Service Vested %
1 25%
2 50%
3 75%
4 100%

How do I Enroll?

To make changes to retirement elections or opt out, log in to Workday, select Benefits and click on Retirement external link to be directed to Voya’s website. Or you may go directly to  You will need to enter the following information:

  • Plan Number: 664694
  • Verification Number: 019673  

Contact and Plan Information

For more information read the Summary Plan Description.


(800) 584-6001

Rolling Over Other Retirement Accounts

Consolidating your retirement savings into a single account is one of your options that could help simplify your financial life. Voya’s® here to educate you on all your options. Our team of professionals is here to support you and help you on achieving a simpler financial life today and a successful retirement tomorrow.

For instructions to roll over from a TIAA CREF account click here. For instructions to roll over an old employer plan click here.

To learn more or for help consolidating your accounts, call 612-217-9694 or email

Financial Wellness

CAPTRUST serves as a resource providing financial wellness, savings, and investment advice. You may call CAPTRUST at 1-800-967-9948 to speak to a counselor, who will assist you with your investment questions and other financial inquiries you may have. CAPTRUST also provides a Retirement Blueprint financial plan to assist with your long-term financial needs. Counselors are available Monday to Thursday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. ET, or you can make an appointment online via

Medicare Resources

SmartConnect is a service offered to all employees at no-cost.  Whether you are a Medicare-eligible employee still working, or an employee considering transitioning to retirement, or you have friends or family members with Medicare questions, SmartConnect will guide you and ensure you understand the details that impact enrollment, costs, and coverage.  How to get connected: (877) 374-2705, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. CT, or