The purpose of the Marymount Alumni Board (MUAB) is to provide continuing service to the university and its alumni by facilitating communication and relations between alumni and the university community.
Members serve a two-year term, following which they may reapply for a second term.
Along with the application for membership, a full resume is required. We are currently accepting applications through Tuesday, February 15.
Applications are evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Prior involvement and philanthropic support.
- Answers to essay questions.
- Ability to contribute to the board’s geographic, ethnic, gender, and occupational diversity; and diversity of school/college within MU.
Marymount Alumni Board (MUAB) Roles and Responsibilities
- Attending and actively participating in all MUAB meetings (two per calendar year, typically hosted during business hours).
- Being a knowledgeable ambassador for MU and the Alumni Board.
- Strengthen the relationship between the MUAB and the broader Alumni community through service as an ally or champion liaison to one or more of our programs/colleges/departments.
- Attend at least one Advancement-sponsored event when possible (in-person and/or virtual)
- Initiating outreach to and seeking engagement with fellow alumni through programs and events.
- Make a gift of at least $2,500 during each two-year term (Contributions and matching gifts may be designated to any university fund or program and can be fulfilled monthly, quarterly, or annual installments.)
Marymount Alumni Board Members
Chair: Damon Porter