Welcome to Marymount University! We are happy that you have chosen to come to Marymount and look forward to meeting you. The International Student & Scholar Services office, also known as ISSS, wishes you an easy transition and an enjoyable experience!
Our office assists new and continuing students with immigration advising and cultural and academic adjustment support and provides opportunities to engage in the community through a variety of intercultural programs.
Mandatory International Orientation Session
As an international student, regardless of your visa type, you will have extra requirements and information you will need. This means students must attend two different orientations
- International Student Orientation with ISSS
- New Student Orientation for all incoming undergraduate students
We have combined both of these sessions into a three-day program designed to help you learn how to achieve academic, social, and regulatory success during your time at Marymount University. In addition to the goals of New Student Orientation, International Student Orientation will help you:
- Develop a clear understanding of the regulatory requirements of maintaining legal F-1 status in the United States and empower you to take responsibility of your immigration record.
- Familiarize yourself with Marymount and US education systems, academic planning, and more.
- Connect with other international students before you meet the larger Marymount community.
- Complete the mandatory Immigration Check-In process required for you to activate and maintain your F-1 record.
Stay in Touch!
Our office assists new and continuing students with immigration advising, cultural and academic adjustment support, and provides opportunities to engage in the community through a variety of intercultural programs. Over the course of the summer leading up to your fall semester start date, you will be contacted by your Peer Advisor, a current MU student to help you prepare for life at Marymount. Please check your Marymount University email regularly for these communications.
Please click here for more information to help you prepare for your studies at Marymount University including information on how to obtain your I-20.
Make sure you join follow our Instagram for updates on upcoming events and to get to know your Peer Advisors!
Important Note: All initial and transfer F-1 international students must meet and check-in with an International Student Advisor within the first two weeks of classes.