Apply to be an Orientation Leader
Want to be an Orientation Leader?
The Department of Student Engagement is seeking dedicated and hard-working undergraduate student leaders to serve as Orientation Leaders for the 2023 Orientation Program.
In this position, students are responsible for welcoming and supporting the in-coming students, transfer students, and their families. The orientation team is responsible for leading and supporting a variety of activities, presentations, and sessions that take place during New Student Orientation.
Orientation Leaders are the first connections students make on campus and they play a vital role in helping students and their families feel part of the Marymount Family.
Orientation Leader Responsibilities
The New Student Orientation Leader will work with other staff members on a team to facilitate the Orientation program by:
- Facilitating discussions with new students on sensitive issues;
- Leading interactive activities;
- Assisting in the preparation of Orientation activities and materials;
- Explaining academic opportunities and processes;
- Introducing new students to campus support services and building locations;
- Aiding in the development of class schedules;
- Assisting with the class registration process using the Student Administration System; and
- Upholding and enforcing all aspects of the University conduct code.
As a condition of employment, all Orientation Staff must be available for all required dates and programs.
Orientation Leadership Training
Orientation Leader training will begin in June. OL Training will take place in-person. Date and time TBD-training will occur during regular business hours (9am-5pm EST) and Room and Board will be provided during training and Orientation sessions.
OLs can expect to provide in-person assistance on June 20-21, June 23-June 24, June 27, and August 23 and some of Welcome Week Programming. OLs will assist with, and lead, live group sessions during those dates from to help introduce students to Marymount’s resources and campus life.
OLs are expected to work full-time for the session dates noted above. The breakdown of the dates include:
- June 20-21, June 23-24: First Year New Student Orientation (Two Day, Overnight Session)
- June 27: Transfer Orientation
- August 23: Transfer/ Make-Up Orientation
- August 24: Convocation
The Orientation Leader position is a stipend position and Orientation Leaders will receive a stipend of $950.00 paid in biweekly increments between May and September 2023. An additional $100 will be awarded December – January 2023 for the OLs participating in the January Orientation sessions.
- Must maintain a 2.75 cumulative grade point average throughout employment
- Full-time Undergraduate student
- Enrolled on the campus during Spring and Fall 2023
- Good academic and disciplinary standing with the University throughout employment
- Must be available for all trainings, sessions, and select Welcome Week programs
- Must be team-oriented and comfortability in working in fast-paced environments
- Must demonstrate willingness to learn and welcome challenges
Where can you apply?
Orientation Leader Application Link: https://marymount.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/student_careers/job/Main-Campus/Orientation-Leader_R1954
The application closes March 10th at 11:59 pm. After the application deadline, applicants will be reached out to with additional information regarding Individual and Group Interview starting in mid to late March.