ADD & ADHD Management
Initial Evaluation for ADD/ADHD
- Please note that the Student Health Services (SHS) does not provide initial evaluation or treatment for ADD/ADHD. Community resources for ADD/ADHD testing referrals are available upon request.
Continuation of Present ADD/ADHD Medication
- Please call 703-284-1610 to schedule an appointment for an initial visit.
- Before your appointment, Documentation of Previous ADD/ADHD Treatment form must be completed by your outside provider. This should include the name and dose of the medication and the date last filled.
- Before your appointment, please submit the most recent completed psychological and/or psychiatric evaluation, reports with a specific diagnosis, a list of test scores, and a narrative interpretation of scores.
- Your provider may also attach progress notes pertaining to your care.
- Once all required documentation is received the SHS will contact the student to confirm the initial appointment.
ADD/ADHD prescriptions will only be given on a monthly basis. A follow-up visit is required to receive a refill. SHS will not refill ADD/ADHD medications via telephone or fax.
Psychostimulant Medication Contract
- Please note the Psychostimulant contract must be completed by the patient at the initial visit and on an annual basis thereafter.
ADD/ADHD Academic Accommodations
- Students in need of academic accommodations for ADD/ADHD must register with Student Access Services. In most situations, a Comprehensive Psychological Evaluation is required to access accommodations.