ANNUAL FALL ENTRY:
- November 1- Applications Opens
- May 1- Deadline to Submit Transfer BSN Application
- July 1- Deadline to Submit all Application Materials (LOR, Essay, Transcripts, Completion of Prerequisite Courses, TEAS, etc.)
August 1- Deadline to Submit Enrollment Deposit
ANNUAL SPRING ENTRY:
- May 1- Applications Opens
- September 1- Deadline to Submit Transfer BSN Application
- November 1- Deadline to Submit all Application Materials (LOR, Essay, Transcripts, Completion of Prerequisite Courses, TEAS, etc.)
December 1- Deadline to Submit Enrollment Deposit
TRANSFER NURSING STUDENTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION:
- Submitted transfer application. The program of study that you select on the application will be ‘Transfer BSN’
- Official transcripts from every college & university attended
- One letter of recommendation specifically for the BSN program
- Essay: Topic included within the application
- Official ATI-TEAS exam score (competitive students have a 68% score on all sections)
- Applicants are required to submit all attempts on the ATI-TEAS within 2 years prior to the application to the nursing program
- Applicant must take all sections of the ATI-TEAS exam in one session in order to be eligible
- Applicants who achieve an unsatisfactory score or who wish to improve their score may retake ATI-TEAS exam only once
- If an applicant fails have a satisfactory score for the ATI-TEAS exam twice within 2 years, the applicant is ineligible for admission for 2 years
- High school GPA will only be considered for applicants with fewer than 30 credits.
Because of high application volume at certain times of the year, please allow up to four weeks for the processing of your application. If you have any questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
MINIMUM COMPLETION TIME:
The minimum completion time for our Traditional BSN program is two and a half years (five semesters). Please review our example plan of study for more information regarding timeline competition. For information on transferring credits, please visit: Transfer-Credit.
If you are a Northern Virginia Community College student you can review your example plan of study here.
Frequently asked questions:
How do I apply to Marymount’s BSN program as a transfer student?
Please submit the undergraduate transfer student application and select ‘Transfer BSN’ as your program of study. This is the only application required for Transfer students to be accepted into our BSN program.
When does the Nursing program begin?
Nursing courses only begin in the fall semester.
If Nursing classes only begin in the fall, can I apply as a Transfer BSN student for the spring?
Yes, you can apply and be admitted into Marymount for the spring as a Transfer BSN student.
The Nursing courses however only begin the fall. Please review our example plan of study here.
Do I have to reapply to the Nursing program if I am accepted as a Transfer BSN for the spring semester?
No, you do not. You only need to submit the undergraduate transfer student application and select ‘Transfer BSN’ as your program of study. This is the only application required for Transfer students to be accepted into our BSN program.
What prerequisites MUST be completed for me to begin Nursing classes in the fall?
Our Liberal Arts Core curriculum must be completed before any student can begin taking Nursing courses. Please review our example plan of study here.