All academic (also called, “instructional” or “class”) accommodations that have been approved by SAS are listed in a student’s Faculty Contact Sheet (FCS). Approved students may obtain a digital copy of their most recently-approved FCS from the SAS office via e-mail (email@example.com). Students who need to make changes to their FCS should schedule an appointment SAS staff through Starfish.
SAS Forms that must be completed by faculty can be accessed on the following webpage: SAS Forms
To view a sample of a Faculty Contact Sheet click on the following links: FCS Sample Page 1, FCS Sample Page 2
Below is a list of some accommodations and auxiliary supports that can be provided to eligible MU students, upon approval by the Director of SAS:
- Alternative testing conditions (i.e., extended time, low-distraction)
- Accessible textbook formats (i.e., large print, audiotape, electronic formats)
- Accessible, adaptive, or assistive technology
- Accessible classroom location or configuration
- Sign language interpreting services
- Note-taking support
- Peer note-takers are recruited on a voluntary basis and are not available in all courses. Students are encouraged to use a Smartpen and to meet with instructors after class to review difficult concepts.