In making decisions for admission, Marymount University takes a holistic approach to application review.
Final Deadline: June 24, 2021
*Please note, post-masters DNP option is fall enrollment only*
- Admissions applications will be submitted using NursingCAS.
- Official transcripts of all postsecondary education including evidence of having earned a Nursing degree from an accredited college or university
- D.N.P. applicants entering with a B.S.N. as their highest credential must have a minimum 3.0 GPA and must maintain a 3.5 GPA and be eligible for graduation as an M.S.N. prior to enrolling in NU 700-level courses
- D.N.P. applicants with an M.S.N. as their highest credential must have a minimum 3.5 GPA.
- Professional résumé
- Hold RN licensure in Virginia.
- Two narrative letters of recommendation, at least one from a direct supervisor within the past two years and the other from an employer or professor who can attest to the applicant’s potential for graduate work
- Copy of APN certification, as applicable
- A 250- to 500-word professional essay describing the applicant’s motivation for seeking the degree and postgraduate plans
- Identifying an area of interest for the final project in an essay.
Applications completed before the deadline will be reviewed by the Nursing admissions committee and applicants will be notified if they have been selected for an interview.
Graduate Nursing applicants must also meet the following clinical requirements before entering each practicum course:
- Written verification of PPD testing for tuberculosis (required annually). If PPD is positive, an initial chest X-ray is required
- Written verification of CPR certification from the American Heart Association (BLS for Healthcare Provider)
- Evidence of health insurance coverage
- Documentation of liability/malpractice insurance
- Criminal background check, which is a federal requirement for all persons working with vulnerable populations
- Additional requirements as stated by specific health care agencies
Additional Requirements for International Students:
For university coursework completed outside the U.S., an official course-by-course evaluation of your transcript is required from an evaluation agency with NACES membership such as World Education Services, Inc. or Educational Credentials Evaluators.
Students for whom English is a second language must submit a recent official score from the TOEFL of 96, IELTS of 6.5, or PTE Academic exam of 58, or documentation of program completion at one of Marymount University’s language partners. For complete information about International Admissions Guidelines and language partner programs, please click here.
For additional information about the application process, please visit Graduate Enrollment Services.