Admission Requirements and Eligibility
The following are required to be considered for admission:
- a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university prior to entry into the Physical Therapy Program
- a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA* for all college and university coursework
- a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA* for all prerequisite science coursework
- no more than one (1) prerequisite course can have a course grade of “C” or “C+”. All other prerequisite courses must have grades of “B-” or better *. Click here for a list of our accepted prerequisite coursework
- up to 12 credits of prerequisite coursework may remain incomplete at the time of application to the program; any remaining prerequisite coursework must be completed with a course grade of “B” or better before entering the DPT program *
- two references (please see the list of acceptable evaluators here)
- invitation to MU DPT Interview Day (interviews are by invitation only and are required for admission)
* We recognize applicants applying during the 2023/2024 application cycle may not meet Marymount University’s posted grade requirements due to the various official grading policies from applicant institutions as a result of the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic. We are prepared to practice flexibility in our admissions requirements with regard to pass/fail grading policies.
NOTE: Completion of minimum requirements does not guarantee an invitation to interview or admission to our program.
Marymount’s DPT Program does not accept students seeking to transfer nor do we accept applications from persons dismissed from any PT program.