Admission Requirements and Eligibility
The following are required to be considered for admission:
- a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university prior to entry into the Physical Therapy Program
- a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA* for all college and university coursework
- a 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA* for all prerequisite science coursework
- no more than one (1) prerequisite course can have a course grade of “C” or “C+”. All other prerequisite courses must have grades of “B-” or better *. Click here for a list of our accepted prerequisite coursework
- up to 12 credits of prerequisite coursework may remain incomplete at the time of application to the program; any remaining prerequisite coursework must be completed with a course grade of “B” or better before entering the DPT program *
- completion of forty (40) hours of observation or volunteer service work in a physical therapy clinical setting, verified by a physical therapist from the clinical setting by the time of application deadline ♦. (These hours may be completed at more than one clinical facility)
- two references (please see the list of acceptable evaluators here)
- Official scores for the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) taken within the last five (5) years
- receipt of Marymount University supplemental application fee
- invitation to MU DPT Interview Day (interviews are by invitation only and are required for admission)
* We recognize applicants applying during the 2020/2021 application cycle may not meet Marymount University’s posted grade requirements due to the various official grading policies from applicant institutions as a result of the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic. We are prepared to practice flexibility in our admissions requirements with regard to pass/fail grading policies.
♦We appreciate that our posted minimum of documented clinical exposure hours (40) may be difficult for some applicants during the time of the coronavirus (covid-19) pandemic. This requirement was put into place to offer appropriate exposure to the physical therapy clinic environment to have a realistic expectation of day-to-day life in the profession. While 40 hours of observation is recommended, we recognize our 40 hour minimum may not be possible for some applicants.
NOTE: Completion of minimum requirements does not guarantee an invitation to interview or admission to our program.
Questions about Admissions Requirements?
Contact the Office of Graduate Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the office at 703-284-5901