Frequently Asked Questions

What is Dual Enrollment?


Dual enrollment is a program that offers high school students the opportunity to earn college credits while they are still in high school by taking coursework through a postsecondary institution. Students attend both high school (or home school) and a post-secondary institution. High school students can earn college credit for courses they take on a college campus, at their high school, or online.

How do students qualify for admission into an Early College Program?


For admission into an Early College Program, students must be high school juniors or seniors whose GPA is at least 3.0. In addition, students must have their high school counselor’s approval and consent from a parent or guardian.

Where are the Dual Enrollment and Dual Credit courses taught?


Our dual credit courses are taught in high school classrooms at our partner schools.

The dual enrollment courses are taught either on campus or online at Marymount. On-campus courses are typically offered after school and in the evenings to accommodate high school schedules.*

Click here for more information on our Partner Schools.

*It is not guaranteed that online and on-campus class times will coincide with a student’s schedule.

Who teaches the courses?


Marymount University faculty members or high school teachers (who meet Marymount’s adjunct faculty requirements). Marymount University follows the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) standards when selecting adjunct faculty.

Are the course credits transferable?


Credits earned through Marymount University’s Early College Programs are typically transferable to other colleges and universities.

Where can a student generate their My Marymount Account?


Once accepted into a program, students will receive an email with their MU student ID number. Their ID numbers will enable them to create their My Marymount student accounts.

Click here to Generate Student Account

For more information click here for a tutorial Student Account Generator Tutorial.

How does a student request a Student ID Card?


A student must have an MU account to request an ID Card online. Click the link below:
Student ID Online Form

Where can a student pay their bill?


Online payments through the Marynet Portal are recommended as the most convenient way to make a payment on a student’s account. Online payments are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To access your statement balance, log in and click “View my eBill”  or  “Make a Payment”. Students can pay via Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and e-Check. All credit card transactions are subject to a 2.5% service fee. All e-Checks will incur a $1.75 service fee. Fees apply to each transaction and cannot be refunded or waived.

To learn more, please visit our Online Payment Information and Bill Payment Information pages.

Where can a student order their official transcript?


Students need to verify their grades and account balances before requesting an official transcript.

Students can find detailed instructions by visiting the Transcript Request Registrar Webpage.

What are the benefits of enrolling in a Marymount University’s Early College Program?


Taking part in one of our early college programs will help you get a head start on your academic career, save money on per-credit tuition, and possibly reduce the length of time it takes to earn your degree. Students will gain first-hand knowledge about college courses and discover a variety of academic areas. Additionally, students will receive a Marymount ID, an official Marymount transcript that verifies college credits and have access to our library and services.

Is the coursework challenging?


Our courses follow the standards and expectations of college-level coursework.

What is FERPA?


Click here to find out more information on the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

Where can a student get more information on Disability Accommodations?


To obtain more information about Marymount University’s disability accommodations, the student should contact the Student Access Services office at 703-284-1538 or go to the Student Access Services website.

Who can a student or parent contact with additional questions?


For more information regarding the Early College Programs, contact Dr. Louis Frisenda, Associate Vice Provost for Academic Affairs, via email at lfrisend@marymount.edu or 703-247-8341.