Throughout the spring 2022 semester, Student Access Services is offering test proctoring three days per week in the Reinsch library for students registered with SAS who have testing accommodations.
Faculty members may arrange exam timing/logistics directly with students and know that SAS Graduate Assistants will be available to proctor exams in room 212 of the Reinsch Library (Main Campus) on:
- Tuesdays between 9:30 am and 3:00 pm,
- Thursdays between 9:30 am and 3:00 pm, and
- Fridays between 9:30 am and 3:00 pm.
Reinsch Library room 212 can seat approximately 12 students for proctored testing. Students can reserve a spot in advance or walk-in during the listed proctoring hours, space permitting.
Faculty members or College designees may drop off printed exams and completed testing slips with SAS Graduate Assistants in Reinsch Library room 212. Exams may only be dropped off between 9:15 am and the exam start time on the day the student(s) will take the exam(s). SAS does not have the capacity to:
- Accept exams early,
- Store exams overnight,
- Print exams, or
- Email completed exams back to professors.
All exams (e.g., hard-copy, Word document, and/or online Canvas format) must arrive with their corresponding faculty-signed testing slip to Reinsch Library room 212 before the student can begin testing. Information on the testing slip provides important proctoring instructions. Please see full Proctoring Service Procedure below for more information.
Click for more information about what is included on the testing slip.
Testing slip information includes:
- Materials that can be accessed by the accommodated student during the exam,
- Time allowed for the accommodated student to complete the exam, and
- Name of person authorized to pick-up and leave the proctoring space with the completed exam.
Faculty and students are not required to use the SAS exam proctoring service. SAS offers exam proctoring services as a courtesy to faculty members and students. Faculty are always welcome to implement approved accommodations in other ways, determining how students can access extra time or other approved testing accommodations while also maintaining their exam’s integrity.
SAS Proctoring Service Procedure
1. Student arranges acceptable exam date/time with faculty member, then student makes appointment to utilize proctoring service by completing the Testing Request Google Form, which is received by SAS.
- Click here for the Testing Request Google Form.
- SAS’s proctoring service is only available to students who are registered with SAS, have testing accommodations clearly reflected on their Faculty Contact Sheet (FCS), and have returned the second page of the FCS with the faculty member’s signature.
- SAS proctoring services are only available at the location, days, and times listed at the top of this page.
2. Professor, student, or College designee brings exam and completed testing slip to Reinsch Library room 212 during proctoring hours on the day the student is scheduled to take the exam.
- SAS accepts exams and their required accompanying testing slips in the proctoring space on the same day the student takes the exam beginning at 9:15 am, which is 15 minutes before any exam proctoring begins.
- The College of Sciences and Humanities is working directly with CSH faculty members to assist in: 1) printing exams, delivering exams along with their required testing slips to the proctoring space; 2) collecting exams once completed from the proctoring space; and 3) returning collected exams to their respective instructors. Faculty in that College are encouraged to work with their Associate Dean regarding details of that process.
3. Student arrives to the proctoring space in Reinsch Library room 212 during proctoring hours and takes exam.
- Student takes their exam while being proctored by SAS Graduate Assistants.
- During proctoring hours, students who walk-in without a reservation will be permitted to take the exam as long as there is space available and they arrive with both their hard copy exam (or access to an online exam) and a completed testing slip.
- If student arrives for proctoring and that exam’s completed testing slip was not brought by the student, the student will be asked to contact their professor and make other plans (e.g., reschedule the exam with SAS during normal proctoring hours or take it with their professor).
4. Completed exams leave proctoring space with the designee named on the testing slip.
- Proctoring services will collect completed exams and hold them in Reinsch Library room 212 for the duration of the same day on which they are received.
- Proctoring services will release completed exams to the designee named on the testing slip at any time until 2:30 pm on the day of the exam (or until 3:00 pm if the student is still completing the exam between 2:30 pm and 3:00 pm).
- SAS is only responsible for exams which are physically present in the proctoring space after 9:15 am and before 3:00 pm on the day the student takes the exam in the proctoring space.