In order to obtain prompt and efficiently-implemented accommodations, Marymount students are encouraged to:
1) Complete a housing contract through Residential Life & Housing – Office of Student Living (click for more info). Include housing preferences such as:
- Specific building.
- Single or double occupancy.
- Residence location away from widely used path of travel.
- Residence location with proximity to outdoor access.
- Residence location with proximity to bathroom.
- Suite-room arrangement (e.g., kitchen access).
- Bathroom access (e.g., single, double, or multiple use).
2) Contact SAS to:
- Register as a student with a disability. Complete SAS registration and release-of-information forms that solicit a Marymount email address and Marymount student ID number. These forms are important in assisting SAS to understand the scope of a student’s impairment (click for more info).
- Provide SAS with documentation from a health care professional that offers a basic description of the student’s impairment (click for more info).
- Engage in the “interactive process” by meeting with SAS representatives (click for more info).
- Request disability-related accommodations for Marymount housing (click for more info).
- Work out specific details regarding the implementation of SAS approved accommodations with the Residential Life & Housing – Office of Student Living office.