Help Every Student Reach Their Full Potential
Marymount University’s master’s in Special Education degree is designed for those dedicated to teaching children and teens with diverse learning abilities in a K–12 classroom setting.
Our program combines real-world experience, research, theoretical application, and the tools and resources to ready the next generation of Special Education teachers for rewarding academic careers.
- Work with faculty who are experts in Special Education and content areas including literacy, math, history, and science
- Gain hands-on experience from start to finish at a public, Catholic, or independent school in the metro D.C. area
- Learn new skills and perspectives during immersive study abroad semesters in countries like Colombia, Panama, New Zealand, and Uganda
- Pursue innovative research that contributes to advancements in the field and develops practices that can improve learning outcomes
- Courses are offered in late afternoons or early evenings, in a hybrid format, or fully online
- Most students complete the licensure program in just 2 years, and some finish in as little as 12 months