STEM Citizen Science Scholars Program
The STEM Citizen Science Scholars Program is designed for undergraduate students in biology, biochemistry, computer science, engineering, information technology, or mathematics majors. Applicants must demonstrate financial need and academic potential in their chosen field. Award amounts are up to $10,000 per year for four years in scholarship funds, based on financial need.
- Participate in innovative, fun activities that will strengthen your STEM skills and prepare you for a successful STEM career.
- Serve your community while learning important STEM principles that you will carry with you throughout your career.
- Learn about and employ citizen science – community-based scientific research – to promote STEM in your local communities and engage with STEM professionals across a range of fields.
- Work with students from other disciplines to solve real world scientific problems using a multidisciplinary approach.
- Receive 1 on 1 mentoring from STEM faculty and Marymount alumni working in your chosen field.
In addition, STEM career preparation will be emphasized through a series of hands-on “STEM tools of the trade” workshops designed just for Scholars, and you will develop career plans, in consultation with your faculty advisor, to help prepare you for a successful and sustainable STEM career. In the final year of the Scholars program, you and your colleagues will plan and host a citizen science symposium for Marymount and local community members.
For more information, contact Dr. Amanda Wright at email@example.com