Business Management Certificate
The certificate is for individuals who have a bachelor or master’s degree in any subject, particularly IT, who are interested in enhancing their business knowledge to gain managerial roles in government and industry. Employees need to understand the basic business functions and skills in all levels of an organization and in all functional areas.
The certificate program is designed to give students an in-depth understanding of the principles of business whatever their industry.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Analyze and apply basic financial and micro- and macro-economic concepts to business operations
- Evaluate and assess ethical challenges and decision-making encountered in organizations
- Identify and apply effective communication techniques
Preference is given to applicants who have one of the following:
- An overall minimum GPA of 3.0 in an accredited undergraduate program;
- Nine (9) recent credits in an accredited graduate program with a minimum GPA of 3.0; or
- A satisfactory score on the GRE or GMAT with a background or experience in business or technology.
Minimum Grade: A minimum grade of C is needed to receive credit for a course in the certificate. All graduate students in the College of Business, Innovation, Leadership, and Technology must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Students whose GPA falls below 3.0 at the end of any semester will be placed on academic probation. Students must bring their cumulative GPA to 3.0 or higher within nine (9) graduate credits or be dismissed. A student whose cumulative GPA falls below 3.0 a second time will be dismissed.
Title IV federal financial aid is not available for the certificate program unless it is included in the M.S. in Technology Management program.
- MBA 512: Accounting for Managers
- MBA 515: Management in Organizations
- MBA 520: Economics for Managers
- MBA 521: Marketing Concepts and Practice