The Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution responds to requests for background investigations. We provide conduct records, academic integrity records, Title IX records, housing records, and law enforcement records.
The Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution limits disclosure to students with a current, active disciplinary probation and housing probation; loss of housing; suspension; and/or expulsion. Students who were placed on warning or final warning or were on disciplinary probation or housing probation but are no longer will not be disclosed.
To obtain student records for background investigations in person please follow the next steps carefully:
- Schedule an appointment with the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution at 703-908-7669 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Bring an Authorized Release Form.
- Complete the Investigator and Information Request portion of the Background Investigation Request Form and bring it with you.
- Arrive at Berg 1001 for your appointment with the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution.
We can also complete background investigations via email or fax.
- If you are able to email an Authorized Release Form, please email email@example.com.
- If you prefer to fax an Authorized release form and the Background Investigation Request Form, please contact the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution for the appropriate fax number.
Please do not leave any completed forms or releases with identifying student information in unoccupied areas. A staff member from the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution will contact you within 5 business days with the results of the background investigation, however, staff members typically complete these requests quicker.
If you are looking to obtain copies of transcripts or enrollment verifications, you can submit your request to the Office of the Registrar located in Rowley Hall.
If you are looking to complete a background investigation for a former employee (that was not enrolled at the university as a student), you can submit your request to Human Resources.
If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to call the Office of Student Conduct and Conflict Resolution at (703) 908-7669.