SCS staff members provide assistance when members of the University community experience mental health crises. An SCS staff member is on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week to assist students in crisis or to consult with faculty and staff who are concerned about a student.
If a crisis occurs during office hours, concerned students, staff, and faculty should call SCS at (703) 526-6861 or come in (Berg Hall, 1st Floor) and inform support staff that there is an urgent need to speak with a counselor immediately.
Outside of office hours, the following options are available to address mental health crises:
- When SCS is closed, students in crisis have the following options to speak with a Counselor:
- Resident students can contact their Community Advisor (CA) or the Residential Services Professional on Duty and ask to speak with the Counselor-On-Call. OCRS staff are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Commuter students can contact Campus Safety at 703-284-1600 and ask to speak with the Counselor-On-Call. The Campus Safety Officer will take your name and phone number and the Counselor-On-Call will contact you directly. Campus Safety Officers are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- If you would prefer to speak with someone off campus, an anonymous, confidential 24-hour hotline is available by calling 988.
- Additional free, confidential hotlines include:
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 to text with a crisis counselor
- BlackLine: Call 1-800-604-5841
- Trans LifeLine: Call 877-565-8860
- The Trevor Project: 1-866-488-7386 or Text START to 678-678
NOTE: If you have experienced physical injury or are concerned about your physical well-being, please contact 911, or go to the nearest emergency room. If you have recently experienced sexual assault and are in need of immediate support, go to https://marymount.edu/student-life/health-wellness/title-ix-2/confidential-resources/
Staff and Faculty
When SCS is closed, staff and faculty who would like to consult about a student of concern can speak with the Counselor-On-Call. Contact Campus Safety at (703) 284-1600 and let them know that you are concerned about a student and would like to speak to the Counselor-On-Call.