B.A., Marian College of Fond du Lac
M.F.A., Academy of Art University
Professor Ravindran joined the Marymount University faculty in 2015, having previously worked in New York City for various high-profile fashion designers such as Reem Acra, Bibhu Mohapatra and Carole Hochman. Some of her career highlights include developing both bridal and eveningwear collections annually showcased at New York’s Fashion Week, being a liaison to celebrities and high-end customers, and directly engaging with couture clients in order to produce custom made gowns from concept to finish. She has extensive knowledge in patternmaking, draping, embroidery design and digital design using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
Professor Ravindran is a member of The International Textile and Apparel Association. She is also an advisor to Marymount’s Patternmaking Club and all online social media for the fashion department.
- Digital Textile Design
- Digital Presentation
- Apparel Design: Patternmaking and Draping
- Advanced Problems in Fashion Design
- 3D digital printing in fashion design
- Wearable Technology using digital textile design and 3D body scanning
- Fabric manipulation and surface design
- The transformation of technology and social media in Fashion