The Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness routinely collects, compiles, and analyzes confidential and sensitive administrative and survey data to support Marymount’s assessment, evaluation, and planning efforts.
To insure the appropriate use of confidential and sensitive information, PIE adheres to the following guidelines:
- Administer anonymous surveys whenever possible
- Inform respondents of the level of confidentiality associated with all questionnaires
- Secure physically and electronically confidential and sensitive information
- Destroy documentation linking individuals to confidential information
- Maintain individuals’ confidentiality by reporting data in aggregated form
- Redact reports containing identifying information
- Redact reports containing information regarding individual performance
- Release sensitive information only to appropriate university officials
PIE also is bound by the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), a federal law enacted to protect the privacy of students and their parents. Visit the U.S. Department of Education website for more information about FERPA and your rights.