Students who would like an early answer on their application may apply Early Action. Early Action applications are non-binding and students are permitted to apply to other schools in addition to Marymount. The deadline to apply Early Action is November 16.
First-Year students who need a little more time can apply for Rolling Admissions. Applications will be reviewed as they become complete. The priority deadline to apply to Marymount University is March 1.
Early Action applicants will receive an admissions decision by mid-December. Rolling Admissions applicants will receive decisions on a rolling basis.
First-Year applicants must submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Completed application; please select ONE: Common App OR the MU App
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Official high school transcripts
- One letter of recommendation is required; preferably from a school counselor or teacher
- One personal essay is required, the topic is your choice
Successful applicants typically have the following academic qualifications:
- Average GPA of 3.26 on a 4.0 scale
- 430 to 535 SAT score for Evidence-Based Reading, Math, and Writing
- 17 to 24 ACT score for Composite, English, and Math
Marymount University is Test-Optional. We will consider your SAT or ACT scores if you submit them, but you are not required to do so.*
Marymount University’s codes for sending test scores are 5405 for the SAT and 4378 for the ACT.
*International applicants must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo English exam scores.