Students wishing to enroll at Marymount University who are neither a U.S. citizen nor permanent U.S. resident (green card holder) are considered international students.
Regardless of citizenship or immigration status, those who are currently enrolled or has previously enrolled at a school outside of the United States may also be considered international applicants and be subject to additional international admissions requirements.
Prospective applicants who have completed at least 12 semester credits or 18 quarter hours after high school graduation (or after completion of high school equivalency) at a college or university should apply as international transfer applicants.
International Transfer Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed application submitted through the Marymount Application or Common App
- Interested applicants to our Accelerated Nursing Program should visit the Nursing webpage for more information about the program and how to apply.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended schools or institutions. Certified English translations must be submitted for any transcripts not already in English.
- A certified course-by-course evaluation for all post-secondary/university level coursework completed outside of the United States that do not hold U.S. regional accreditation.
- Verification of English language proficiency ➪
- A resume/CV should an applicant have any gaps in enrollment
- Letter(s) of recommendation (optional)
- Personal statement (optional)
International transfer applicants with fewer than 30 credits of completed post-secondary/university credits must also submit official secondary school transcripts.
Please note: Transcripts and test scores must be sent directly from the issuing institution/test center to be considered official for admission consideration and will not be accepted if submitted by the applicant. To ensure timely processing of your documents, documents should be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
If you are mailing your supporting documents, please send them to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
2807 N. Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22207
Your application is considered complete when we receive all supporting documents. Only then will we review and consider your application for admission.
Students whose native language is not English, regardless of citizenship, must provide verification of English language proficiency in the form of test scores to be considered for admission.
To meet the English Language Proficiency requirement, please submit one of the following test scores listed below that meet the minimum indicated score.
Note: Official test scores must be submitted directly from the test center to be acceptable. Scores must not be more than two years old.
|Test:||Minimum Score Requirement:|
|SAT I||score of 450 on the Evidenced-based Reading and Writing section|
|ACT||score of 18 on both Reading and Writing sections|
|TOEFL iBT||overall score within the range of 79|
|IELTS Academic||overall score of 6.0|
|Pearson Test for English (PTE)||overall score of 54|
|Duolingo English Test||overall score within the range of 100-105|
Potential Waivers for English Language Proficiency
The English language proficiency requirement is considered fulfilled if a student has completed one of the following:
- four consecutive years (grades 9 through 12) of college preparatory English (excluding ESL/ELL/ELD or remedial English courses) with grades of C or higher at a U.S. high school excluding Puerto Rico,
- completion of 30 credits from a U.S. regionally accredited institution AND completion of an English Composition course equivalent to Marymount’s EN101 at a U.S. regionally accredited institution with a C or better, OR
- a conferred Associate, bachelor’s, or master’s degree earned from a U.S. regionally accredited institution.
Students who have successfully completed an intensive English language program at one of the below Language Partner Institutes are considered in fulfillment of the English language proficiency requirement. Completion of an intensive English program other than the partner institutes listed will not meet the admission requirement.
|Language Partner Institute:||Required Program and Level of Completion:|
|Georgetown University’s English Language Center (ELC)||Successful completion of the Intensive Academic English program at the Advanced Level|
|ELS||Successful completion of Intensive English Language course at Level 112|
|Inlingua DC||Successful completion of an upper-level Intensive English Course|
|International Language Academy of Washington, D.C. (ILA)||Level 112 with a minimum 85%|
Conditional Admission Consideration:
Prospective undergraduate international students who meet regular admissions requirements except for English language proficiency may apply for conditional admission through Marymount University Intensive English Language Program (IELP).
This is a selective program. Acceptance is based on an evaluation of high school transcripts and/or university-level coursework and meeting minimum English language proficiency test score requirements. Once in the program, students work toward meeting admission requirements while studying in the Intensive English course. When conditional requirements are met, they are then granted full admission into the undergraduate program.
For more information and how to apply, visit our IELP website.