Are you considered an International Graduate Student?
- Students who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents (green card holders) as well as all students with any non-U.S. academic records are considered international students.
- Students who have or will attain, a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university prior to enrollment are considered graduate students.
International Graduate Students must submit the following to be considered for admission:
Attention: International applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their application and material one month prior to the posted departmental deadline to allow for additional processing time of their I-20/visa requirement.
- Completed graduate application ➪
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Students must apply through PTCAS
- $50 nonrefundable application fee
- Certified, official transcripts
- For university level course work completed outside of the U.S., you must submit an official course-by-course evaluation from one of the following Marymount approved evaluation agencies:
- Demonstration of English Language Proficiency ➪
- Some programs may also require additional supporting documents such as a recommendation letter or resume. Please click here to view all admissions requirements.
To ensure timely processing of your documents, we prefer that you upload your documents through the application portal. Documents may also be emailed to email@example.com.
If you are mailing your supporting documents, please send them to:
Office of Graduate Enrollment Services
2807 N. Glebe Road
Arlington, VA 22207
Students whose native language is not English, regardless of citizenship, must provide verification of English language proficiency to be considered for admission to a graduate program.
To meet the English Language Proficiency requirement, you must submit one of the following test scores listed below and meet the minimum indicated score requirement. Official test score reports must be submitted directly from the test center to be acceptable. Submitted scores must not be more than two years old.
|Test:||Minimum Score Requirement:|
|TOEFL iBT||overall score within the range of 96-100|
|IELTS Academic||overall score of 6.5|
|Pearson Test for English (PTE)||overall score of 58|
|Duolingo English Test||overall score within the range of 105-110|
Graduate applicants who have a conferred Associate, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree earned from a U.S. regionally accredited institution may be considered to have met the English language proficiency requirement.
Conditional Admission for students who do not meet the demonstrated English Language Proficiency:
To be considered for conditional admission, you must be enrolled in one of Marymount’s partner language institutes. Completion of an intensive English program other than the partner institutes listed will not meet the conditional admission requirement. Applicants who complete the levels listed below may then be fully admitted to Marymount without submitting a TOEFL, IELTS or Duolingo.
These programs help students develop their reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills to a level that is appropriate for university study.
Applicants to the Counseling (M.A.), Master of Education (M.Ed.) licensure programs, Family Nurse Practitioner (M.S.N.), Forensic and Legal Psychology (M.A.), and Doctor of Nursing Practice (D.N.P.) programs are NOT eligible for conditional admission.
ELS Educational Service’s English for Academic Purposes Program:
- Students must demonstrate completion of ELS Level 112
- More information about the ELS program may be found at www.els.edu.
- Students who present a Certification of English Proficiency Letter after successful completion of an upper-level course with an official transcript from the intensive program.
- More information about the Inlingua program may be found at https://idc.edu/.
International Language Academy of Washington, D.C. (ILA):
- Students must present a certificate of completion of level 12 with an official transcript from ILA
- More information about the ILA program may be found at https://www.ila.edu/about.