The Honors Program at Marymount University provides a unique opportunity for students who are seeking academic challenges and the support of an active learning community.
Entering first-year students, current Marymount first-year students, and transfer students with less than 45 credits may apply. The Honors Program is academically diverse and strives to complement every academic major at the University. Admission is very competitive and limited to approximately 20 new students each year.
Students applying after their first semester of college should consult with the Honors Program Director to determine the feasibility of completing the Honors curriculum in a timely fashion. Honors credits from another regionally accredited university may transfer toward Marymount’s Honors Program with approval from the Honors Program Director.
In addition to the University’s general admission requirements, the following are required for those seeking admission to the Honors Program:
- Minimum high school or college GPA of 3.50 (unweighted).
- Submit an Honors Program application. This application is separate from the university application.
- Submit an Honors essay responding to one of our prompts (available in the application).
- Submit one writing sample from a high school or college course.
- Submit at least two letters of recommendation written by teachers and others qualified to comment on academic performance. One recommendation should speak specifically to a student’s ability to thrive in an Honors Program. Letters should not be submitted by coaches, pastors, family friends, etc.
- Standardized test scores are optional.
March 1, 2022 – This is the final Fall 2022 Deadline for the Honors Program.
Acceptance to the university, and meeting the minimum Honors Program requirements, in no way guarantees admittance to the Honors Program under any circumstance.
For more information regarding application procedures, contact the Honors director or the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.