Welcome to Marymount University’s Library & Learning Services!
We are a dedicated team of library professionals who support the academic and professional successes of Marymount students, faculty, and staff, by providing research support and access to a world of information.
Our services include:
- Research support through one-on-one consultations for students, faculty, and staff
- Customized instruction in information literacy and research skills to help students become savvy information consumers and creators
- Access to a carefully developed collection that includes print books, online resources, textbooks, and special collections
- Borrowing privileges at the nine universities in the Washington Research Library Consortium
- Specialized faculty librarians who liaise with faculty in the University’s four schools to develop the collection and tailored instruction in support of student research
Library & Learning Services has two locations, with collections, technology, and services to support learning.
- Emerson G. Reinsch Library on the 26th Street side of main campus
- Ballston Coakley Library Extension on the 3rd floor of the Ballston Center
Library & Learning Services supports intellectual curiosity, service to others, and a global perspective by providing excellent services, resources, and programs.
Library & Learning Services supports the mission of the University by
- Building a collection that supports the University curriculum
- Supporting classroom learning, teaching, and research needs
- Promoting the integration of information literacy skills throughout the curriculum
- Providing physical and virtual places that foster learning and promote a sense of community
Statement on Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Library & Learning Services (L&LS) at Marymount University welcomes and values all members of its community. Diversity and inclusion are sources of strength that inspire intellectual curiosity and L&LS nurtures lifelong learning habits that allow our community to tackle the challenges of the world. L&LS is committed to providing all of its services in an inclusive atmosphere of mutual respect, cooperation, and civility for all, embracing each person’s race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status, age, ability, class, national origin, and immigration status. The collections reflect, serve, and are equitably accessible to our community, and require intentional actions to address historic and ongoing exclusions.
Find Marymount University’s statement on Our Inclusive Community here.
University Librarian, Library and Learning Services