Kopenhaver Center Our Mission
As an affiliate of the Lillian Lodge Kopenhaver Center for the Advancement of Women in Communication, we share the organization’s primary mission and goals. These are:
- Serve as a thought-leadership center for research and professional development for the next generation of women leaders in communication and those who support them.
- Mentor the next generation of young scholars and professionals as they build careers in communication.
- Initiate programs for young, diverse women, and those interested in supporting them, who are commencing careers in communication industries in order to prepare them to enter and succeed in the workplace.
- Recognize the achievements of female leaders and leaders who support women in communication industries and the academy.
- Provide training programs centered around ensuring diversity and inclusion in the communication professions through embracing change, innovation, and entrepreneurialism in a variety of programs throughout the year.