Technology drives our digital world and students entering the workplace in any field are expected to be able to use technology effectively. This minor is open to students pursuing a degree other than the B.S. in Information Technology and provides students with a general understanding of the information technology field including computer hardware and networks, information security, database management, and Java software development. A minor in Information Technology is a valuable complement to many programs, particularly Business Administration, as computers play an increasingly important role in today’s workplace.
Minimum Grade Requirement: A minimum grade of C is required in any course in the Information Technology minor
Residency Requirement: Students must complete at least 12 credits of the minor requirement at Marymount.
- IT 110 Information Technology in the Global Age
- IT 120 Cybersecurity Principles
- IT 130 Java Programming OR IT 125 Web Development OR IT 229 Python Scripting
- IT 205 Digital Technologies
- IT 210 Software Engineering
- IT 305 Computer Networking
- IT 310 Database Technology