The School of Business and Technology’s unique structure allows us to offer students in Information Technology the opportunity to obtain a valuable additional qualification while avoiding duplication of class work and requirements. Eligible students who have completed a B.S. in Information Technology, or a BA in another discipline with a minor in Information Technology, may obtain an M.S. in Information Technology with fewer required classes. This allows our students to complete their course requirements faster than at other universities, and to be able to better manage their tuition dollars and time to get the qualifications that they need.
Students may be eligible to use M.S. courses to satisfy undergraduate and graduate program requirements. Upon acceptance into this combined program, students would have the opportunity to enroll in the following graduate courses:
- IT 510 Requirements Analysis
- IT 515 Decision Making for IT
- IT 520 Enterprise Infrastructure and Networks
- IT 530 Computer Security
Students may apply up to 6 credits of graduate coursework to their undergraduate program.
To apply for the combined program, students must:
- have a declared major or minor in information technology with a specialty in applied IT, computer science, game design and development, or information systems
- have a 3.4 cumulative GPA
- have earned at least 60 but not more than 90 credits
- submit an Information Technology BS/MS Combined Program application
For more information, please review the Marymount University undergraduate catalog or contact the School of Business at Technology at email@example.com.