Register For The GENCYBER Summer Camp Here
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN AT THE 2023 GENCYBER SUMMER CAMP AT MARYMOUNT UNIVERSITY
- What Exactly is Cybersecurity?
- Use of Technology
- What is Ethical Behavior?
- Cyber Awareness
- Internet Predators
- Is it true? Misinformation
- Keeping your family safe
- Are you safe on the Internet?
|DAY 1: Technology and Cybersecurity
- Cybersecurity Principles
- Think like an Adversary: Attack and Defend
- Your Technology Today: Take apart a device
- The Way the Internet Works: Internet, Cloud
- Design a GenCyber Coin with 3D printing
|DAY 2: Building Computers and Making Them Work
- Understanding Hardware to Build a Computer
- Operating Systems: How they make your computer
- Using Linux
- Coding: Building an application in Python
- Digital forensics and what you leave behind
- Forensic tools on a hard drive
|DAY 3: Understanding Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Cybercriminals and Nation State Actors
- Who is attacking us, why, and where from?
- Finding information
- How can they attack: Vulnerabilities where do they come from
- How can we defend ourselves?
- Firewalls, cryptography, anti-virus etc.
- Field Trip (government SOC, data center, Cryptologic Museum etc.) or Guest Speakers from the government and industry
|DAY 4: Advanced Technology
- Artificial Intelligence: Using AI today
- Internet of Things: Adding sensors to your device
- Cyberthreat Intelligence: Using AI to predict threats
- That Cybersecurity Career: How to get there
|DAY5: Tools, Techniques and the Competition
- Introducing the Rules and Scope of the Capture the Flag Competition
- How Safe is Your Password? Cracking passwords
- Penetration Testing
- Where are you now? Moving on in Cybersecurity
- Going to College
- Where are they now? Cybersecurity alums talk about their jobs today
- Data and data visualization: Creating a story
- Where criminals lurk: The Dark Web
- Know the current attacks: Critical Infrastructure
- What are companies looking for in an entry-level position?
- Working for the government
- Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- State of the cybersecurity workforce
- New approaches and tools in Cybersecurity
- Certifications in cybersecurity
- The future – Quantum Computing
- The Closing: review of your future in Cybersecurity and next steps