Interior Design Internships
While the studio and classroom afford you opportunities to gain theoretical knowledge and technical skills, an internship provides valuable practical experience. Internships are available during the junior and senior years with nationally recognized architectural and design firms, furniture and interior retailers, contract designers, and other organizations around the Washington, DC, area.
Previous internships have included positions at firms listed in the top 100 most prestigious design firms in the country including
- AI, Architectural Interiors
- Brennan, Beer, Egorman, Architects
- C. Dudley Brown & Associates
- Burt Hill Kosar Rittleman
- Chatsworth Design
- Davis, Carter, Scott, Ltd.
- Drysdale Design Associates
- Einhorn, Yaffee, Prescott, Architects
- Freddie Mac
- Gensler & Associates
- Hillier Group
- HNTB, Howard, Needles, Tannebaum & Bergdorf
- Leo A Daly
- Page Southerland Page
- Peck, Peck & Associates
- RTKL International
- Studios Architecture
- Ward-Hale Design Associates
For more information on internship sites and placements, visit the department’s internship website or email Prof. Doug Seidler. Marymount’s Center for Career Development can help you prepare for your internship and job search, polish your résumé, and practice your interviewing skills.
Our rigorous program will prepare you to face a demanding job market. 80% of undergraduate Interior Design students found interior design related jobs within six months of graduation. Marymount’s Interior Design program is accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation, which qualifies graduates to sit for the National Council for Interior Design Qualification exam.
As you prepare for your career, here are some links you might find useful to research your options.
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID)
- ASID Washington Metro Chapter
- International Interior Design Association (IIDA)
- Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA)
- National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ)
- Interior Design Educators Council (IDEC)
- National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA)
- Environmental Design Research Association (EDRA)
- International Facility Management Association
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
The following journals are referenced by students, educators, and practitioners.