Marymount is the only Washington, DC-area university offering a Fashion Merchandising and Marketing B.A. program, and its graduates find employment in New York City and other urban fashion centers, as well as Washington, DC.
Study abroad programs tailored especially for fashion merchandising and marketing provide a global perspective well suited to the needs of the contemporary fashion industry.
Prepare for the Fashion Industry
Fashion Merchandising and Marketing students study buying, product development, visual merchandising, public relations and fashion events, writing and the media, and international trade in the fashion industry in preparation for careers in these fields.
The University’s annual Portfolio in Motion fashion show is a highlight of each academic year. Students interact and receive feedback from a renowned industry professional each year. This unique experience provides Marymount Fashion students with an unparalleled learning opportunity.
To fulfill the requirements of the major, all students in this program will take the following coursework in a sequence determined in collaboration with an advisor. Some courses also satisfy Liberal Arts Core and/or University Requirements.
- FD 111 Fashion Apparel and Accessory Coordination
- FD 251 Textiles
- FD 307 Product Development I
- FD 361 Survey of Fashion
- FD 400 Internship
- FD 407 Product Development II
- FD 414 Fashion Show Production
- GMD 200 Digital Publishing OR GMD 308 Web and Social Media Design
- MA 132 Statistical Analysis
- MKT 211 Visual Merchandising
- MKT 230 Omnichannel Fashion Merchandising
- MKT 282 Merchandise Planning and Analysis
- MKT 301 Principles of Marketing
- MKT 319 Promotion and Digital Marketing
- MKT 360 Consumer Behavior
- MKT 440 Fashion in the Global Marketplace
- MKT 483 Senior Seminar in Fashion Marketing
- VIS 101 User Centered Design
- VIS 111 Intro to Color and Design
- VIS 121 Intro to Digital Tools
Visit our blog!