Course evaluations are administered online through Canvas using a tool called EvaluationKIT.
The Evaluation Process
- Early Notice: An announcement email will be sent from the system to let you know when course evaluations will open and when they will close. This will usually be sent out a week before the course evaluation period.
- Email Notification: You’ll receive another email on the day that course evaluations open. The email will contain a link that will let you access your evaluations directly. You can click on that link and complete your course evaluations at any time during the (typically three-week) course evaluation period.
- Access Through Canvas: You may also access your course evaluations at any time during the course evaluation period by logging on to Canvas. Links to your course evaluations will appear on your Canvas home page.
- Reminder Emails: During the evaluation period, you’ll receive reminder emails to complete your evaluations before they close. You will also get a popup message within Canvas if you have evaluations that have not yet been completed. Once you complete all of your evaluations, you will no longer receive reminders or see the popup messages.
- Closing Day: Course evaluations generally close on the last day of class.
- Results: Once the course evaluation period ends and final grades for the semester have been submitted by instructors, results from the course evaluations will be made available to course instructors, the department chair, the dean, the Provost’s office, and other appropriate administrators. Instructors use this information to improve the format and curriculum of their courses as well as their teaching methods, so your feedback is very important.
Get answers to frequently-asked questions about your course evaluations and EvaluationKit.