Marymount University and Delone Catholic High School in McSherrystown, Pa., have signed an agreement that guarantees admission for qualifying students at Marymount, along with four-year renewable scholarships.
As the first Catholic university founded in Virginia, Marymount holds a shared interest with Delone Catholic in developing the whole person through a values-based education that promotes both intellectual and spiritual development. The agreement illustrates the mutual goal of both institutions to enhance access to high-quality Catholic education at the high school and post-secondary levels.
Marymount is proud to expand opportunities for Delone Catholic High School students to continue their faith-based education at the university level, said Fran Reed, Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management at Marymount University. The educational preparation at Delone Catholic will provide a strong foundation for those who find their academic home in Arlington.
Marymount University mirrors the philosophy and aspirations that we have for our students here at Delone Catholic, added Principal Richard La Rocca. Through our guaranteed admissions and scholarship partnership, our students can continue their education in the Catholic tradition, while learning skills and receiving valuable experiences that will prepare them for their future careers and for life.
Under the terms of the agreement:
- Delone Catholic students with a 3.0 GPA (no required test score) or a 2.8 GPA and a 1030 SAT score (or a 20 ACT composite) are guaranteed admission to Marymount.
- Students who meet the above criteria will be awarded a minimum $12,500 scholarship from Marymount, renewable annually for up to four years, provided they maintain good academic standing.
- All Delone Catholic students will also be awarded an additional $2,000 Delone Catholic High School Scholarship and a $2,000 Catholic High School Scholarship, both renewable for up to four years of full-time enrollment. Combined, this creates a potential $66,000 value in scholarships for students over a four-year period.
- Students may be eligible for additional merit scholarships based on GPA and/or SAT/ACT scores.
- All residential students will also receive an annual residential grant of $2,000 for as long as they reside in on-campus housing at Marymount.
- A Marymount admissions representative will visit Delone Catholic throughout the school year to share information about the Universitys academic programs and application, admissions, financial aid and related processes.
The agreement is effective as of the Fall 2020 semester. Applications must be received by March 1, 2020.
To learn more about scholarship opportunities at Marymount University, call Marymount Admissions at 800-548-7638 or visit our website.