Marymount University is inviting its alumni back for Homecoming and Reunion Weekend Sept. 24-27. Saints can participate in the Annual Blue White Golf Tournament, alumni lacrosse games and a wine tasting. Varsity soccer games, a concert and plenty of other activities are planned as well.
Throughout the month, Marymount is hosting its Third Annual #MarymountHC Photo Challenge across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Alumni can participate for a chance to win prizes.
For more details and to register for events, go to marymount.edu/alumni/homecomingandreunion.
Heres the schedule:
Thursday, Sept. 24
A Criminal Justice Alumni and Friends Reception will be held from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Rhodeside Grill, 1836 Wilson Boulevard. Cost is $10 per person and includes hors d’oeuvres and drink specials. Attendees must be over age 21. Proceeds benefit the Criminal Justice program.
Friday, Sept. 25
- Homecoming and Reunion Weekend will kick off with Saints Pride Day. Alumni, family and friends are encouraged to snap pictures of themselves sporting MU colors. Post them on social media with the tag #MarymountHC2015.
- The Blue White Golf Tournament will be held at 1757 Golf Club in Sterling. Registration begins at 9 a.m., with the tournament at 11 a.m. and the 19th Hole Reception and Tournament Awards at 3:45 p.m. Cost is $125 per golfer, $400 per foursome. Cost includes shirt, light morning snack, a boxed lunch and the 19th Hole Reception. All proceeds benefit the Saints Club.
- The Sigma Tau Delta English Honor Society Induction Ceremony is at 5 p.m. in the Barry Gallery. Dr. Nathan Hensley, Assistant Professor of English at Georgetown University, will present a talk entitled “Nature Poetry After Nature”. Everyone is welcome and admission is free.
- Alumni Happy Hour, hosted by the Saints Club, is from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Clarendon Ballroom, 3185 Wilson Blvd. Cost is $10 per person and includes hors doeuvres and private show by White Ford Bronco, a 90s cover band. Proceeds benefit MU Mens Lacrosse. Must be 21 to attend or volunteer.
Saturday, Sept. 26
- The Alumni Welcome Center will be open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m in the Main House.
- The Mens Alumni Lacrosse Game, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Lee Center Field. Free admission.
- BBQ & Festival Alley, noon to 4 p.m., The Lodge Parking Lot. Cost $15 per person, children 10 and under are free.
- International Beer Tasting for Study Abroad Alumni, hosted by The Center for Global Education, 1 to 3 p.m. on the Rowley Hall Patio. Pre-registration is required. A $5 donation toward the MU Global Education Scholarship is welcome at the door. Students who have recently returned from study abroad will be present. Enjoy the womens lacrosse game on the Lee Center Field from above.
- Event restricted to study abroad alumni and their friends/family.
- Womens Alumni Lacrosse Game, 1 to 2 p.m., Lee Center Field, free admission.
- Campus tour, 2 p.m., starting in front of the Lodge
- Womens Soccer vs. York College, 5 p.m. kickoff, Long Bridge Park. Transportation provided to and from the park from Marymount. Free Admission.
- Mens Soccer vs. Frostburg State University, 7:30 p.m. kickoff; Long Bridge Park. Transportation provided to and from the park from Marymount. Free Admission.
- 50th Reunion and Reunion Classes Reception with President Matthew Shank, 6 p.m., presidents home. Cost is $25 per person. In addition to the Class of 1965, all reunion classes ending in a 5 or a 0 are invited.
- Homecoming Concert Featuring Aaron Carter with special guest Alyssa Gurley, 8 p.m., Lee Center. Free for MU Students with ID; $10 General Admission. Tickets sold at the door.
Sunday, Sept. 27
- Mass, 10 a.m., Sacred Heart of Mary Chapel
- Jazz Reunion Brunch, 11 a.m., Main House. Complimentary.
50th Reunion and Reunion Classes Reception with Marymount University President Matthew Shank will be held at 6 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 26 at the presidents home. Its all part of a packed Homecoming and Reunion Weekend Sept. 24-27.
The alumni lacrosse games are always popular at Marymount University Reunions. This year the mens game is from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sept. 26 at Lee Center Field. The women play from 1 to 2 p.m. Admission is free.