Handshake is Marymount’s online platform for jobs, internships, recruiting events, and career fair details. Within the Handshake platform, Marymount Center for Career Development partners with employers to bring jobs and internships to students. This platform allows you to:
- Apply for full-time and part-time jobs and internships specifically posted for Marymount students and alumni
- Register for informational sessions, networking, or recruiting events hosted by employers
- Register for networking and opportunity/career fairs, alumni panels, and workshops hosted by Marymount Center for Career Development
- Schedule 1:1 appointments with Career Development staff for resume and cover letter review, mock interviews, career advising, and job/internship search help, and more
- Receive alerts when new positions that match your preferences are posted
Getting Started On Handshake
- If you are a current Marymount student, you already have a Handshake account. Please log in to your Marymount Portal and click Handshake under Sign-On Links
- Activate your account and update job preferences
- Complete your profile by uploading your headshot photo, adding your experiences, extracurricular activities, and skills
- Submit your resume for Career Development review through the “documents” tab. After your resume has been approved, you may start applying to jobs!
Need help or have questions on your Handshake account?
If you have questions about Handshake, email Marymount Center for Career Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (703) 284 – 5960. Please expect a response within 24-48 hours.