Photo caption: Global Scholars visit Ambassador Edmunds of Saint Lucia at the Embassy of Saint Lucia in Washington D.C. in November of 2018.
The Global Scholars Program, operated through the Global Education Office, is for students who understand that we are citizens of the world and that the world and diverse cultures have a variety of lessons to teach us. It offers motivated students in ALL academic disciplines experiences to expand their global perspective through unique and dynamic intercultural learning opportunities. By joining the Global Scholars Program, you’re not just enrolling in a program – you’re embarking on a transformative journey that will prepare you to thrive in an increasingly interconnected and diverse world. Don’t miss this opportunity to elevate your education and make a meaningful impact on a global scale.
- Develop Marymount’s core global competencies through curricular, co-curricular, and experiential learning opportunities
- Broaden your global perspective and understanding through study, volunteering, and/or interning abroad
- Gain proficiency in another language and conduct research with an international or intercultural focus
- Partake in unique intercultural experiences in Washington D.C.
- Build a network of globally-minded peers and professionals
- Develop an understanding of worldwide social justice issues
In addition to the university’s general admissions requirements, the admission process for the Global Scholars Program includes:
- A Global Scholars online application
- An essay answering prompt on application (500 words)
Please refer to the application for deadlines and more specific admission information.
The Global Scholars Program has four distinct components: coursework, language, research, and experiential or service-learning activities. Once they are admitted to the program, Global Scholars must also maintain a 3.0 GPA while completing the following four distinct globally-themed components.