Marymount University participates in the Virtual Library of Virginia (VIVA) Cooperative Borrowing Program. VIVA is the consortium of nonprofit academic libraries in Virginia.
This program allows students, faculty, and staff at VIVA institutions to visit any participating college or university library and borrow materials. To find resources, search the member library’s catalog.
- Students, faculty, and staff from VIVA institutions may request to check out books in person at Reinsch Library.
- VIVA Borrowers do not have access to materials or services of other WRLC libraries. Interlibrary Loan and distance borrowing services are not available to VIVA Borrowers.
- Marymount students, faculty, and staff are eligible to borrow materials directly, on-site at participating libraries.
- Borrowers must present valid photo identification such as an institutional ID, as well as proof of current enrollment or employment, in order to borrow materials.
- Loan periods, eligible materials, and other policies are set by the lending library. The Cooperative Borrowing Program provides this information for each library.
Reinsch Library policies for borrowers from VIVA institutions:
- Four week check out period.
- Borrow up to five books at a time.
- Items may not be renewed.
- Items must be returned at Marymount Library and not to a borrower’s home institution.
- Periodicals, reference materials, reserve materials, special collections, and media items may not be checked out through VIVA borrowing.
- Overdue fines are 25¢ per day up to a maximum of $10 per item.
- $120 replacement charge for lost or damaged items.