The M.B.A./M.S. in cybersecurity dual-degree program is designed for students looking to meet the growing needs of today’s business and government environments where cybersecurity is now a major business consideration. This dual degree will prepare students for management and executive-level positions by enabling them to understand the business context of cybersecurity in business and government.
Upon successful completion of all dual-degree requirements, students will receive both an M.B.A. and an M.S. in cybersecurity. Students who successfully complete both degrees will achieve the learning outcomes of each of the two programs. See the M.B.A. program for its student outcomes and the M.S. in cybersecurity degree program for its learning outcomes.
Students in the dual degree program must meet the requirements of the M.B.A. and the M.S. in cybersecurity program.
Minimum Grade Requirements
For students in dual degree programs, the minimum grade requirement for each degree remains in effect. A minimum grade of C is required in order to receive credit for a course in this dual degree program. All graduate students in the School of Business Administration must maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Dual Degree Requirements
Courses are listed in recommended sequence of enrollment.
- MBA 511 Management Foundations
- MBA 512 Accounting for Managers
- MBA 514 Business Analytics
- MBA 515 Management of Organizations
- MBA 516 Business Law and Ethics
- MBA 517 Leading in Business
- MBA 519 Operations Management
- MBA 520 Economics for Manager
- MBA 521 Marketing Concepts and Practice
- MBA 522 Corporate Finance
- MBA 585 Global Business Experience
- IT 504 Cybersecurity Technology for Managers
- IT 557 Measuring Systems Security: Monitoring and Auditing
- IT 567 Global Cybersecurity and Cyber Warfare
- IT 575 Information Security Management
- IT 577 Human Considerations in Cybersecurity or IT 547 Security and Privacy of Electronic Documents
- MBA 626 Strategic Management Seminar
- IT 680 IT Master’s Project
Enrollment Coordinator Contact Information:
Graduate Admissions Coordinator
Schedule an appointment with Maxwell