Students in the Economics program are provided with course assignments that present opportunities to apply research to present-day situations. Past student presentations have focused on the following topics:
- Market competition and school vouchers
- Bottled water: is it purer? What is the impact of the containers on the environment?
- Studio competition in Hollywood
- Monopoly structure and the carbonated soft drink industry
- Can population limits solve our environmental problems?
- When would you rather live: today or the 1970s? A comparison of the minimum wage and catalog prices