Internships provide students with the opportunity to integrate their classroom learning with real-time professional experience. Marymount’s proximity to our nation’s capital makes the opportunities especially rich.
Marymount Economics students have worked as interns in a range of organizations including:
- American Enterprise Institute
- The Koch Foundation
- National Alliance of Community Economic Development Associations
- Strategies for International Development
- United States Mayor Enterprises
- Woodrow Wilson Foundation
- World Bank Global Environmental Facility
Students may also wish to complete an internship overseas through Marymount’s study abroad program, coordinated through the Center for Global Education.
Marymount’s Economics major provides excellent preparation for careers and graduate study in policy analysis, law, international relations, and business.
Depending on the electives chosen, graduates will be prepared for a job as a:
- Budget analyst
- Business operations specialist
- Credit analyst
- Financial advisor
- Financial analyst
- Loan officer
- Risk analyst
Marymount’s Center for Career Services can help students get ready for an internship and job search, polish a résumé, and practice interviewing skills.