The fashion industry is rapidly changing from a brick-and-mortar focused retailing environment to an industry that uses marketing analytics, artificial intelligence, and online venues to reach consumers and to create a brand identity. The retail analytics minor will help students understand the industry, and the data that now supports it. This minor provides a path for students to enter jobs such as market research analyst, wholesale account buyer, and retail manager.
Minimum Grade Requirements: A cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better is required for courses in the minor.
Residency Requirement: Students must complete at least 12 credits of the minor requirements at Marymount.
Minor Required Courses
- MA 132 Statistical Analysis
- MKT 301 Principles of Marketing
- MKT 230 Omnichannel Fashion Merchandising
- MKT 282 Merchandise Planning and Analysis
- DATA 325 Data Analytics
- DATA 390 Data Science Applications